Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Surprise, Mommy!

So this morning I was working on my blog while Camille was finishing her favorite cartoon. I heard the TV click off at the end of her show and then some rustling in the kitchen. Figuring she was just getting a drink, I ignored the sounds eminating from my kitchen and continued to immerse myself in the newly discovered world of blogging. Then my little Camille walks in, takes me by the hand and says, "Mom, I have a surprise for you. Close your eyes and come." So I hesitantly close my eyes, lift my feet very high as not to trip on any toys that may be in the hallway, and hope I don't run into any blunt objects (including walls) as she leads me to my destination. When I'm instructed to open my eyes, I find myself at the dining room table where there are two place settings and a bulge in the middle that is covered by a decorative kitchen towel. She shouts an enthusiastic, "Surprise!" and unveils her masterpiece.


We had a nice little snack together, and she insisted on doing everything for me. When I went to get a napkin I was instructed to sit down so she could get it for me. She even took care of my dishes when we were done! I don't know what inspired this little act of kindness, but it set the mood for a wonderful day together. I'm so grateful for my sweet Camille.

2 comments:

  1. Ahhhh that is so sweet! Welcome to bloggin!! Love the pic choices!! Can't wait to see you in June, and the little one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is too cute!! It's so sweet when they want to pamper mom!!

    ReplyDelete