Thursday, April 8, 2010

Easter Festivities

This year's Easter was...different. Yes, the Easter Bunny came and we dyed some eggs, but pretty much everything else was very untraditional. Mom and Dad actually came to spend Easter weekend with us. What a blessing, as we were undergoing our biggest home renovation as of yet. Why on Easter weekend, you ask? Well, let me explain. My dear, sweet husband wanted to surprise me with a new laminate wood floor while I was out of town two weeks ago and surprise me he did. He was able to finish the dining room, but the entryway and hallway were still completely torn apart. We could not put off this project any longer! They worked Friday, Saturday, and even Sunday (gasp!) We usually don't work on Sundays, but I'm pregnant and as far as I am concerned the ox was in the mire!

The kids, especially Camille, had a hard time staying out of the action (is this really surprising to read?), which means that tools would randomly relocate...all by themselves. My favorite conversation of the weekend goes as follows:

Papa: "What happened to the dust pan that was just right here?"
Camille: "I don't know. Someone must have moved it."

She was completely oblivious to the fact that it was HER! She had been "helping" by throwing the debris in the garbage can and promptly putting the dustpan away. Apparently she has mastered the scriptural concept found in Matthew 6:3 "But when thou doest alms, let not thy left hand know what thy right hand doeth."

Here are a couple pictures of my hard working men and spunky children. How grateful I am for their sacrifice so I can have beautiful flooring in my home. The kids decided to put our floor through a rough initiation process. Already there has been spilled milk, juice, and various icky sticky foods dropped on it. I can't believe all that used to go on our carpet! Thank you sweet hubby and daddy, too!


Saturday night my parents whisked the kids away to camp with them in the truck house. Yes, it's a camper on top of their truck, but we call it a truck house just like my great grandpa did when he had one. It was one of the first of its kind, and he had to send away for a kit to construct it himself. It was such a new concept that people would approach him in his travels and ask if they could look inside.


On Sunday morning we enjoyed a nice breakfast. While the men slaved away, they attempted to listen as my mom, the kids, and I watched our church's semi-annual general conference broadcast. In between sessions the kids dyed Easter eggs.


Camille did some traditional eggs, but Tate went Star Wars all the way! He dyed his eggs to look like planets and put Yoda, C3PO, and other gallactic creatures on his eggs. Below Tate proudly displays one of his eggs. I especially like the chocolate mole he has going on here!


We finished Easter with dinner at Grandma Sha Sha's in Shelton. We skipped the traditional ham and had BBQ ribs, potatoes, and Casesar salad. Cookies and ice cream for dessert. Delicious!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter and Happy Blogging! I feel so much more connected to you guys already : ). When do we get to see the finished floors- they look like they're going to be fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still have to put the trim back on, but I think we're going to wait until after the new carpet is laid. Home renovations seem to be never ending around here! I'll post more pictures when we have ALL the new flooring done.

    ReplyDelete