Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Star Wars Finale

Not so long ago in a galaxy not so far, far away our family had a Star Wars Marathon. It was actually an extended marathon, because who can get a five and seven year old to sit for 12 hours straight to watch Star Wars? Okay, we could. But I wasn't about to do that! In fact, I have never had much desire to watch these movies, but a cute kid with a Star Wars infatuation finally broke me down. Each weekend for six weeks in a row we watched an episode of Star Wars. We watched them in the order they were released, and I am amazed at how fun this was!

Tate and I decided we should have a party for the viewing of the final episode. It was so much fun to plan! We researched planets from the movie and what happened on each planet. I can't believe how much Star Wars info there is online! My favorite discovery was Wookieepedia. Yes, that's right. An online encyclopedia where you can find pretty much anything Star Wars. Anyway, after our research we attempted to create our own Star Wars universe out of paper plates. It was a great time!
Tate's list of planets, and the events he associates with each one:
Kashyyyk - home of the Wookies
Utapu - where Obi-Wan battles General Grievous
Tatooine - where Luke and Anakin were born
Naboo - where Queen Amadala and Anakin were married
Dagoba - where Luke trains with Yoda
Coruscant - capital planet where the senate meets
Endor - home of the Ewoks
Bespin - where Cloud City is located. A mine colony; a gas giant surrounded by moons.
Mustafar – Where Anakin & Obi-Wan fight
Hoth – Rebel base located here; a world of snow and ice
Geonosis – Jedis & clones fought against battle droids here

After all our preparations it was finally party night! We played with light sabers (glow sticks) and quoting Camille, "Dark" Vader masks. Tyler looks especially scary with his mask on upside down.

We had cupcakes (arranged to look like light sabers...
notice the buttons Rob placed on the handles) and Yoda Soda!

Todd even surprised us with some doughnuts that looked an aweful lot like hair buns belonging to Princess Leia, who incidentally was in attendance at our party.

We had a few battles of our own
before we settled down to watch the movie.
Unfortunately they didn't clean the house when they were done...



3 comments:

  1. What a fun idea and great party! I love it. I think it's make those little things extra special that make life so much more fun for kids (and us!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this brings a whole new meaning to my families devotion to Star Wars. Wish I could have been there to make fun of you all :)
    It looked like a super fun party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. I really like the hard wood floor, looks great! We love ours too, except for Clover, she craves carpet.

    Love,
    L

    ReplyDelete