Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Bragging Rights

As a mom, I always feel a little weird bragging about my kids. Of course I think they're the best thing since sliced bread, but every mom thinks that! I'm sure all my friends have a story they could share that equals (if not surpasses) my own bragging rights. But since this blog serves dual purpose as journal, I'm going to continue with this post.

Every so often Tate's school has an Awards Assembly where teachers acknowledge the kids in their classes who have done outstanding work in a particular area. They send home a letter sealed in an envelope to keep the upcoming award a secret from the children. Tate tries so hard to be a good boy at school and goes out of his way to help his teachers with tasks. He has been talking a lot lately about being a "self manager" by staying on task and doing things without being reminded. Looks like his hard work payed off this month!
 I tried taking a picture of him during the assembly, but the picture didn't turn out well. Here he is proudly displaying his award.

Camille has been quite outstanding as well. She deserves an award for being polite. I am so pleased with her efforts to use her words and compromise with others. Lately she has been so helpful and uses such good manners when we are out and about. She has been saying excuse me to all the people she nearly knocks over with our shopping cart (which always gets a smile), and says thank you after soliciting free cookies from the bakery. What a gem!
Camille has also been doing an excellent job doing her chores at home without being reminded. We have re-instated the chore chart to help with her morning routine. I used to have to ask her if things were done and was forever reminding her to remove her cute little undies from the bathroom floor after bath time. I was almost always met with the phrase, "I know, I know, I know!" or "I'm working on it!" with tones of anger brewing underneath. Mornings are now quite pleasant, and I often hear the bath water running before I even realize she has finished putting her dishes away. I no longer have to beg her to read with me; in fact, she usually picks out two or three articles from her magazine. I love this special time with sweetheart Camille - she will be off to school before I know it!

2 comments:

  1. Brag away, your kids are great and Noah will be too. Now that I've said his name out lowd Todd has to like it. :)
    L

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, I appreciate how supportive you are of little Noah. Todd read your comment in bed last night and it sparked quite the conversation. Sometimes I think Todd is going against me because he thinks it's fun...

    ReplyDelete