Camille is racing to catch up with Tate in any way she can. Tate loves teaching her what he knows, and PBS kids (our morning friend since mommy became pregnant) has helped fill in some gaps. For a while we were playing school and doing one letter a day. When it began to feel like school "work" Camille got tired of the regular routine, but occassionally we will do a letter and craft just for fun. Our favorite website resource is DLTK. They have tracer pages and craft projects to help her learn her letters. So fun!
She has mastered her letter recognition and most sounds. She uses these to write notes...if I can find her very first one I'll post a picture. Most times I can figure out what she's trying to write, and when she reads what she has written to me I can see exactly where she's coming from. But imagine my surprise when we were driving home from the library and I hear her read aloud, "Doctor Ted," which was the title of one of the books she picked out that day. My little girl is growing up one word at a time!
No comments:
Post a Comment