Before Todd and I got married I didn't have TV service. I thought it was a waste of money because frankly, I didn't have time to watch TV and only turned it on once or twice a week when folding laundry. After some mathematical deduction I realized it would be cheaper to rent a movie than to turn on the TV, and if you use the library {which I do} FREE movies are infinitely cheaper than TV service.
When Todd and I got hitched he felt compelled to introduce me to the world of "The Office." It really is its own little world, and now I have many friends there. Jim and Pam {can we get an eyebrow raise at the camera here?}, insanely obnoxious and inappropriate-in-every-way Michael, Dwight {beets anyone?}, crazy cat lady Angela, and the list goes on. I was hooked. Every night after putting the kids to bed, Todd and I would grab a snack and cozy up on the couch for an Office session. I think we watched 5 seasons in a month. I wasn't keeping track of time but that sounds about right.
Is anyone wondering whose birthday it was yet? Well, it was mine. Back in August. I know August was just last month, but I'm talking August 2 years ago! Todd got me this great card that was so funny I couldn't bear to throw it away, but the time has come. This card is too good to live in my paper pile for none to enjoy. I still had a hard time letting go of that card so I decided to pull one of my genius mom tricks on myself. "Let's take a picture of it! Then you can always remember it." Somehow this line makes it easier to part with something for the kids AND me.
I forgot to take a picture of the inside of the card, but I think it said, "Happy WHOLE Birthday!" Not sure though, cause I threw the card away. Yay for less clutter!
So what about you...Do you have any genius mom tricks to share? How about tips for keeping down clutter? Or maybe just a TV show that you can't live without?
No comments:
Post a Comment