We went right before Labor Day weekend and stayed at a KOA campground with a great {but unheated} swimming pool. We also rented some really fun bikes that ride close to the ground and you steer by leaning to the left or right. I wish I had taken some pictures, because we had so much fun racing each other around the campground!
We had a really hard time finding our favorite Elberta canning peaches. We went to several different farms and stands, and wound up buying all they had {if they even had any} at each place. Because they were so hard to find, I wound up buying some other varieties and will do a taste test to determine which has the best flavor.
After our peach run, we returned to Nana and Papa's house and spent the night. The next day mom and I canned a box of peaches and a box of pears while Papa played with the kids. He spent the whole day taking time with each kid doing something they really wanted to do. First order of business was a nice long quad ride.
Notice anything funny about the above pictures? Let's take a closer look at those toddlers
They both fell asleep on the quad ride! Perhaps we're playing a little too hard?
Papa also played baseball with Tate and saddled up for a horse ride with Camille. Camille had been so patient for her turn that day, and when it was finally time to ride she offered rides to the younger kids first. What a sweetheart!
This was Joseph's first ride on a horse. Since then, he has asked several times to go to Nana's house and "ride horse."
Time for Camille to ride off with Papa
I'm so grateful for the memories my dad made with my kids that day. It was such a wonderful gift, as I know he had many things he needed to get done. Family is truly one of the greatest blessings we enjoy in this lifetime. I'm so grateful that those relationships will endure through the eternities, because I am blessed with a precious family.


No comments:
Post a Comment