So fast, that I realize it's actually been three. Don't worry, I'm not that bad at keeping track of our anniversaries {yet}. I actually found the first line of this post in a draft and since we've now celebrated three years, I thought I'd combine the two posts. I have to admit three was even better than two. I'm such a lucky woman!
This year Camille helped me get all dressed up for a date with my handsome hubby. She chose my outfit, accessories, and hairstyle. She even squirted me with perfume and painted my toenails! It was fun being girly together and added to the excitement of going out. We dropped off the kids with our sweet friends {the Gehrings} who insisted on babysitting, and went to Olive Garden which is where we ate on our first date. Ironically, we talked about the kids. But it didn't spoil the romance, it only added to it. My love grew for the man I married, knowing he would be a companion to me in raising the precious spirits entrusted to our care. I love his good heart and the love and concern he has for
Before picking up the kids we drove down to Steilacoom and sat on a bench as we watched the sunset. I presented Todd with a book the kids helped me make.
It's the alphabet of our love, and for each letter I wrote something that represents things I love about Todd, or inside jokes we share, or memories we have together. As we flipped through the pages we laughed as we recalled some great memories and had fun being "us". It was so nice to feel young again and have a night to ourselves; we don't do it often enough. We've never really been "young" together or known life together without kids, but we did date. This night I remembered the importance of dating my husband and doing special things to build the story of us. I love spending time with the man I fell in love with four years ago. Don't worry, I didn't make another time mistake. I loved him long before I married him, and I will continue to love him long after.
No comments:
Post a Comment