Thursday, July 8, 2010

A Story or two

Tonight we had Travest, Melissa, and Max Story over for dinner and then went to the Curan Apple Orchard for music in the park. Even though we got there near the end of the concert, we found a great spot on the hill overlooking the band. After the concert we had a great time visiting amongst the apple trees while the kids ran around. As Joseph lay on the blanket making cooing sounds at me, I watched Max run around with Tate and Camille. Of course Camille was mothering him and "helping" him get from here to there. It's hard for her to understand that kids who can walk just don't want to be carried! And Max not only walks, but he runs. Boy, does he run! And then he falls at full speed, but just laughs as he gets up. Tate had a great time throwing apples he found on the ground and watching them explode into bits and pieces after they hit the tree trunks. He throws hard enough that we feared for our safety on a couple occassions and quickly reminded him not to throw apples at the trees with us just beyond target range. I'm sad I forgot my camera for the evening, but we did get this great picture with Todd's cell phone on our way home. The sunset was so beautiful as we drove through Steilacoom, we had to pull over and take in the view.

1 comment:

  1. It is such a small world! I know Missy's sister, Miriam! She was one of my roommates for years and we are still super good friends! Sounds like you had a great night. I just love summer!

    ReplyDelete