At one month, Joseph is awake much more often than I anticipated. I have enjoyed the opportunity to "talk" with him during this time. He has started talking back with me, making these adorable cooing sounds. We have finally progressed past the phase where he looked beyond me with glazed over eyes that seemed to say, "I'm looking right through you." Now he actually connects with my eyes and gives me a heart warming smile.
Just a few days after Joseph was born Camille and I were giving him lots of kisses. Todd, sitting nearby, says, "If you kiss him too much you'll turn him into a sissy!" to which I replied, "Boys can like kisses without being a sissy. We're going to train him to like kisses." Camille emphatically agreed with me. Todd put on the deep man voice, "No, we're going to train him to be a man." Joseph, as if on cue, confirmed Todd's statement with the biggest burp we have ever heard from such a little thing!
One day. in the interest of saving time, I had Camille hop into the bath with Joseph. I turned to grab a washcloth and heard Camille exclaim, "Mom! He almost peed on me! It's like a squirt gun..."
Each of the special children Heavenly Father has sent to our home is so different and brings so much joy. Camille is exuberant and can hardly contain her love for Joseph. She always wants to kiss, hug, and hold Joseph, and no matter how much time with him she is given, it is never enough. Tate is much more reserved than Camille. He, too, enjoys time with Joseph but isn't as demanding as his sister is. Every once in a while, I will witness Tate smiling tenderly at his new brother and gently reaching out with his finger for Joseph to hold. Today as I heard a young girl bear testimony of her love for her brother, I realized in a new way how important sibling relationships are. The greatest gift ever given to mankind came through a sibling relationship. Through the direction of our Heavenly Father, our elder brother, Jesus Christ, paid the ultimate price and sacrificed his life for each of us. Families are such a wonderful gift from our Heavenly Father, and I am so grateful for the opportunity to raise children up in the sight of the Lord.
O my goodness, Joseph looks exactly like Todd did at this age (I know because I scanned all his baby pics).
ReplyDeleteSuch cute experiences, thanks for sharing! I miss and love you all!
Lana