Thursday, July 1, 2010

Picture Frames & Bookcases

While the kids are on vacation, I'm battling organization in our home. This way when they get back everything will have a home and they will keep their rooms spotless. HA! I may be somewhat disillussioned, but I'm not stupid!

Part of my battle right now is getting the box of picture frames unloaded for good. But that requires hanging those pictures on the wall! I finally decided which pictures to put in the frames and which rooms to put them in. Now I just have to plan the wall layout, so it's off to my favorite resource: the internet.

I always lay my framed pictures out on the floor so I can visualize what they will look like on the wall. Here is a great idea to make hanging pictures easier if you have light switches or molding near your hanging space.  I found some cute layouts with vinyl lettering, which is a fun idea! I've seen vinyl lettering on walls before, but I hadn't thought of combining it with pictures. I think I might try this because my friend Rachelle is the perfect person to help me here. She has her own vinyl lettering business and has a great talent for putting cute stuff together. 

I love this next resource because I am extremely visual. These are fabulous ideas on how to group art perfectly whether it's on the wall and/or shelves, which leads me to my next project: the bookcases!  In my reading I have learned to group different shapes and sizes of objects with same color. I would like to find an interesting mirror I could put in my bookcase- perhaps a round one. I think putting it behind a small object will add some depth and interest.

This article is lengthy, but has some great tips for arranging bookshelves summarized at the end under the section Trade Secrets. A few more tips can be found here. Now that I think of it, I should have just called my friend Rebecca. Her bookshelves are organized perfectly!

No comments:

Post a Comment