Last month we went to a Mariners game on LDS night. In addition to getting a killer deal on our tickets, we each got a free Mariner's tee shirt and ran into lots of friends at the game! The downside: being in the nosebleed section. I've sat up high before, but this trumped them all. We were in the very last row!
My dad came with us and we met our friends Terrell and Jennifer up at the stadium. Unfortunately there wasn't a soul in our group photo that looked normal :) So we are foregoing that picture. I was able to capture some good pictures of friends and family there, though.
Here are Brother and Sister Monson bonding with little Joseph. My first memory of Sister Monson was when Todd and I were engaged. Todd was singing in the Institute Choir, and the kids and I drove up to see one of their performances. When the person conducting announced that the Institute Choir would sing, directed by Sister Monson, Tate turned to me and whispered with untamed excitement, "The prophet's wife is here?!" Well, it's a close second :)
Brother Monson added a great deal of fun and excitement to the game as he threw out handfuls of candy to the crowd in our area (he knew most of them, and the rest didn't seem to mind free candy being showered upon them). As you can see below, Camille sporting her chocolate smile had more than her fair share.
We also had a good time with family at the game. Aunt Brittney was the only one who could get Joseph to enjoy the loud noises as they danced to the music together.
And no matter how many times Papa squishes or strangles the kids, they still come back for more!
Oh, I suppose I should mention that the Mariners played the Chicago White Sox. Of course I don't remember the score, but um...we didn't win.

No comments:
Post a Comment