Tate desperately wanted to have a birthday party with friends, so I told him he could invite a few friends over to go swimming and have some cake to celebrate with us. But here's the catch...no presents. He'd received presents before, during, and after his birthday from family and he certainly didn't need more! Plus, we were calling people the night before his party. I was surprised at how well he took the news of no presents, and I think it was a great idea. He got excited about planning his party and choosing the gifts for goody bags to give his friends. It was great fun! Unfortunately, no one listened and all but one person brought gifts. Boo, hiss, to all those blasted friends! And yay for that one blessed soul who listened to me!
The kids had fun playing in the pool,
and we mom's had a good time talking.
After the kids were all pruned up from swimming, we spread towels out on the lawn and enjoyed some Pokemon cake.
Ahhh...nice and easy. Now it's time for a family reunion, a baptism, and more family reunioning!
No comments:
Post a Comment