Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Happy Anniversary!

Who knew one year could hold so much goodness?! I am amazed at how it feels like Todd and I just got married yesterday, yet also feels like we've been together forever. Last year on August 15th I gained a wonderful husband and father. What a blessing to be celebrating more than just a marriage, but a family. Speaking of which, we truly celebrated family style! Mom came up to join us for dinner with the kids. We had a roast with potatoes, onions, and carrots. We also had cantaloupe and even some sparkling cider in fancy glasses perfect for "cheers!" Before the meal, Tate was demonstrating how we should hold our fancy glasses.

Camille had fun helping me prepare for the big day - she made hearts to put on each person's chair at dinner, including Joseph whose name was lovingly placed on his swing. 

After inviting mom over we realized we probably weren't doing her any favors by cooking her dinner. It's been in the 90's and we live on the third floor. Hot, you say? I concur. So after eating we played a couple games while trying to keep cool in the sweltering heat.  We were pleasantly interupted by a phonecall from our sweet niece, Maddi. "Are you guys too hot?" she inquired. If you will recall the beginning of this paragraph, our answer was a resounding YES! So off we went to the Mortensen's air conditioned house for dessert.

The Mortensens provided ice cream and we took our anniversary cake. My parents had been storing it in their deep freezer, so we got a good laugh when Tate brought the box upstairs and asked, "Is this a shrimp ice cream cake?" I am surprised Todd even tried it because he loathes seafood. Thankfully it tasted like wedding cake (with no unexpected aftertaste) even after being frozen for a year.

 Todd enjoyed playing with his food,
and then it was time to cut the cake.


I like how a year ago Todd looked excited and now he just looks worried...he knows how that baby got in the picture :)


Wait...that's not me!

2 comments:

  1. How fun! Happy anniversary to us both- I was thinking about you guys on Sunday. What a wonderful year! The pics are all so great, but I love the one of you cutting the cake with Tate eyeing it- he's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Love the flashback photos!@ Happy Aniversary guys! Wish I could have been there to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete