Sunday, December 22, 2013

Labor Diligently

Last week we had the missionaries over for dinner. Todd made his famous Gandolpho's Sandwiches (he used to own a deli back in his glory days). After we pigged out enjoyed our meal, the missionaries shared a message with us that touched my heart and stirred me to action. Elder Hanson shared 2 Nephi 25:23 which talks about how Nephi labored diligently to write the scriptures for the benefit of his children. He put emphasis on the fact that it required diligence, and it got me thinking about how diligently I try to record our family history and memories. I don't have to chisel my experiences in stone, and with modern day conveniences I don't work half as hard to provide for and take care of my family. What will I have to look upon and remember this special time in my life with these precious souls Heavenly Father has entrusted to my care? I don't know if blogging is the answer, but that was one of the original intents of this pursuit, so I will try to do a little better. For those of my friends and family who read to keep in touch, may you also labor diligently for that which is of great worth.

Without further ado, I leave you with a picture that makes me laugh. Tate was watching Joseph and put him to bed...on the couch. Tate wanted to sleep in the living room with him, so we consented. Before going to bed I went to kiss them goodnight, and found that Joseph had slipped off the couch without waking up. Doesn't that just look comfy?
I am grateful for Tate and his willingness to watch Joseph on occasion so Todd and I can get out together. Tate always has such a cheerful attitude and I can count on him to step up to the plate whenever I need him to. I especially appreciate his hugs, genuine love and helpful attitude that cheer me up when I need it most.

No comments:

Post a Comment