Monday, December 23, 2013

Camille's 9th Birthday

This year Camille planned her own birthday party at Nana's barn. She made and sent out her own invitations (about two months early) and planned all the activities. Here she is with her friends all loaded up and ready for the drive out to the farm!

She planned a hay ride, and Papa was sweet to set it all up. They went around Rainbow Lake, and boy was it cold!
  
Next activity she planned: musical buckets!
Bobbing for apples was a hit,
 Then there were prizes in the hay...
 Which turned into a hay fight. I'm sure the mom's loved me for this one.
We took each of the girls on horse rides, which was lots of fun. These pictures were framed in horseshoe ornaments that Camille and Nana made for the girls to take home.
Camille even planned the food: hot dogs roasted around the fire by the girls, baked beans, chips, soda, and s'mores. It was so incredibly windy that day - one of the girls was worried that her plate was going to fly away. I told her to put her hot dog on the plate and it should be fine. Nope. Wind blew the hot dog and everything away. Poor thing!
And who could forget birthday cake? It's the one thing I got to be in charge of planning!

Nana and Papa were so sweet to let her do this party at their place and help out so much. We couldn't have done it without them!

And before I sign off on the birthday events, I need to take some time to tell my sweet Camille how grateful I am for her contribution to our family. We were so blessed to have her join us nine years ago! I love the way she tries so hard to serve those around her. She looks for ways that she can contribute and make a difference, and has no fear putting her ideas in motion. She is a doer! She is so good at nurturing and taking care of others, including me. I love her hugs and kisses! I love our special connection and the way we smile at each other when Joseph does or says something cute. What a blessed momma I am to have such a sweet daughter. Happy birthday, Camille!

No comments:

Post a Comment