Thursday, December 30, 2010

Children's Christmas Choir

Guilty as charged. I totally post dated this blog because it's embarrassing to write about Christmas happenings in March. I thought the holidays were busy, but apparently it's just life in general!

Moving forward...or backward, rather...Let's look at Tate and Camille during their performance at the annual Nativity Festival that is held at one of our church buildings in Tacoma. Last year we were part of the live Nativity. I think the kids were dressed as angels while Todd & I were shepherds. I want to say one of our children was a sheep, but I may be confusing them with a niece or nephew. Let it suffice that someone in my family was a sheep last year and they are all angels. Okay, back on track...Choir.

Tate and Camille gave a wonderful performance in a multi-stake Children’s Choir with kids ranging in age from 7 to 12. They performed five songs from memory, and even sang parts on some of them. They spent every Saturday morning for about six weeks preparing for this special event, and it was well worth it! They also sang in a community concert hosted by the Puyallup Stake of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It was awesome! As they took their place on stage they entered through the audience singing Christmas Bells Are Ringing. 
Can you tell from the pictures that Tate is way intense when he is singing? Oh, how I love to hear that child sing!  
Camille isn't quite as intense as Tate (but only when she's singing). I love to hear her sing and she does it all the time. Once when we were visiting Todd at work she had to use the ladies' room. A coworker smiled as she approached me and Todd, "Is that your little girl singing in the bathroom?" When we mentioned it to Camille she denied the whole thing. I think singing is second nature for her and sometimes she doesn't even realize she's doing it. What a little sweetheart!

1 comment: