The floor's makeover was perfectly complimented by paint splatters all over the door, curtains, and all exposed appliances (washer & dryer). Didn't get a picture of this one - too busy frantically scooping paint off the floor. Thank goodness for the transition piece that kept it from going under the washer and dryer! Well, that was all the energy this pregnant woman had, so our bathroom remained in it's paint patchy, exposed outlet state for the next year. I forgot to take a true before picture when all the hardware was still up.
Mom came to help with the kids (and painting). Thanks, Mom!
I wish the coloring was better in these pictures. I couldn't get the flash to work. Maybe it's time to read the camera manual.
Anyway, it's a beautiful "Wainsborough Taupe."
Some tips I picked up through this experience:
Some people say that you should remove the toilet when painting a bathroom. Ha! My dad may be a plumber, but not even I am that ambitious. Instead, I used a super skinny roller for the whole bathroom. Worked great behind the toilet and also for that skinny space between the sink cabinet and the wall.
Learned how to use an angle brush to paint near the ceiling and trim so I didn't have to tape them off!
Goof Off works well to take off dried paint. Not from this paint job, but it looks like the previous owners didn't even try to keep the paint of the bathtub. I'm sure they meant to go back and wash it off, but no such luck.


Looks fab. Hardly recognize it.
ReplyDelete