Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Not so Ordinary Moments

Kids bring such joy and excitement to ordinary things - what joy my children bring to my life! Here are some of the funny things I have witnessed lately.

One day Camille was playing with Joseph in her room while I was getting the bathtub ready. I came to check on them and found Super Joseph in his cape.

Lately I have been rediscovering my crochet hooks. More to come on that later, but for now check out my Jamaican kidlets!
One day while I was shopping for yarn Tate discovered this c-ra-zy yarn. He fell in love with all the colors and begged for it. I don't know if begged is strong enough; he pleaded for it. He even offered to buy it with his own money. "What are you going to do with it?" I asked. "Look at it!" he exclaimed with more enthusiasm than an 8 yr. old should have about yarn. We came to the agreement that I would buy it for him if I could make something out of it for him to enjoy. He got ahold of the leftovers...and made a wig.  This yarn has also provided some fun games of cat's cradle thanks to Nana teaching us how to play the game. Keeps those cute little hands all tied up :)

Many times when Joseph plays with this toy, I will look down at him and find the following scene: 

On Sunday morning the kids were getting ready for church while I was nursing Joseph. Camille had just taken a bath, and Tate was getting dressed. Or so I thought. Tate comes into my room, giddy with excitement, "Look, Mom!"
What?! Well, it is Halloween after all and you do have warrior face paint on. I suppose you should act the part!
  
The other day at dinner we were all joking around and Tate was laughing hysterically. And it wasn't just any laughter, it was ear piercing laughter. Todd asked Tate to tone it down, which worked for about zero seconds. We asked him how he laughed at school because surely laughter like that would disrupt any classroom. Tate replied very matter of factly, "Oh, all the good jokes are at home." We all burst out laughing because that was definitely the joke of the evening.  I suppose we should enjoy it while we can because someday he'll just roll his eyes at us when we tell our "funny" jokes.

This morning Camille told me, "I wish my name was CTR
because I like to Choose The Right."

Oh, how I love my children!

No comments:

Post a Comment