Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Just What I Wanted for my Birthday

We took off this weekend for the best birthday celebration ever! We spent the whole weekend with my parents where I didn't have to cook, clean, or watch my children :) AND I got to be with my family the whole weekend (including Todd!) I can't remember the last time I had Todd all to myself for the WHOLE weekend! It was pure bliss.

My children made me breakfast! I tell ya, the food this weekend was amazing. Blueberry pancakes, bacon, and grapes. Yummeeee! 

After breakfast my mom and I went to the farmers market and enjoyed browsing. We ate some yummy fry bread and I admired my new favorite flower: the dahlia. Why didn't I buy some of this delightful discovery? Because my sweet husband got up early and bought me roses. Lovely!
We went home and checked on the progress of the other birthday present: the tree house! Isn't that what every little girl wants for her birthday? Dad has been working on this for years. He and Todd (with help from the kids) put up the siding this weekend. Unfortunately I don't have the finished project because my camera battery died. But trust me, it's awesome!
Awww, my hard workin hubby.

Part of the transformation from tree fort into tree house.

Ceremonial sleepover to dedicate this tree house to all things fun! Okay, maybe not ceremonial - but definitely fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment