www.dltk-bible.com/recipes/easter_story_cookies.htm
Tate loved reading the scriptures to us, and Camille could hardly keep her hands off the ingredients. Waiting to hear what they represented was nearly torture for her! I was amazed that they didn't complain about having to wait until morning to eat their cookies; I think it was fun for them to "seal" the oven just as Jesus' tomb was sealed...except we used tape.
This morning was the big reveal as Tate and Camille unsealed the oven! The kids were so thrilled with their creation. The inside of the cookies are hollow, which represents the empty tomb. We finished off with the last scripture and enjoyed our treats.




Hey! I love your blog, and you, and your kids. I think I might try the easter cookie thing too, it would be great to do on Saturday and start off General Conference Sunday! Did the cookies taste awesome?
ReplyDeleteIf you like pecans and sugar :) They were a bit too sweet for me - it's like eating puffed sugar with nuts in them. The kids loved it!
ReplyDeleteYeah Jessica is a blogger!
ReplyDelete