Monday, March 29, 2010

Goodbye scrapbooking, Hello blog!

I did it! I finally started the blog I've been wanting to do for years now. Scrapbooking came to a halt when Tate became a mobile child. I am so excited to once again capture the joyous moments in life so I can always remember the good times. Blogging wins over scrapbooking because I don't need to rent a storage unit to keep supplies in or take on a job to pay for the hobby. I also think it will be much easier than scrapbooking...once I figure out how to do this, that is.

I do like to have tangible evidence of my memories, though. Something I can curl up on the couch with on a cold rainy evening while sipping hot cocoa. Something my kids can leaf through and remember all the fun memories we have. I've explored the possibilities of turning the blog into a book and found a pretty good deal (considering we're not buying and storing any scrapbooking supplies here). BUT, it seems kind of dull. White pages. Plain text. No frills. I'm off to explore more possibilities, but I'm all about saving time and energy. I would much rather take the advice of a friend than a website. Any ideas?

3 comments:

  1. I just used blurb.com to create my firs blog book and there are so many options. I'll show it to you when it comes, if want. I pulled the blog within the dates I set into the software, then edited it to look the way I wanted. As for tangible, I also print out my favorite photos and put them in photo albums from Costco where I just have to slip them in a sleeve and write a note about the picture.

    I look forward to enjoying your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I was looking at blurb.com and that was the best option I could find. I would LOVE to see your book when it comes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you reeeeaaalllyyyy want to get back into scrapbooking, there's some great options for digital stuff. :) Just sayin'! Blogs are fun too though. You can share them with so many people for free.

    ReplyDelete