This year we put up our tree right after Thanksgiving. The kids were so excited, they couldn't wait to pull everything out. I was taken by surprise when Joseph pulled out the Santa hat and let out a big, "Ho, Ho, Ho!" I didn't know he knew about Santa!
Even I couldn't resist a picture with Santa.
And apparently some elves at our house have a bit of attitude to go with all that Christmas cheer.
I remember the first year we were married and putting up the Christmas tree together. Todd was shocked that amongst all our Christmas decorations we didn't have a star for the top of the tree. We'd never had one, and I didn't think it was a big deal. He rushed out to Walgreen's and got the only Christmas star he could find. It's plastic, with lights in it that change color. I think it's a bit tacky so I don't usually plug it in, but Joseph loves the colors (you can see the purple hue filling the room in the picture above). At night when Todd is rocking him to sleep, he names all the colors as they change. I guess the star stays a while longer.
No comments:
Post a Comment