We spent Friday at Hollywood Studios. This was one of my favorite parks at Disney World. It felt like we were walking into a miniature world of classic Hollywood fun. Much like the rest of Disney World, the buildings were so realistic and no detail was spared. Even the bathrooms carried on the theme of the rides and movies near them. It was amazing!
At Hollywood Studios there was entertainment everywhere! Thanks to the FastPass system, we were able to enjoy the atmosphere of the park, which was pleasantly not as crowded as the other Disney World parks. While waiting for our first ride {Tower of Terror}, we watched this street entertainer who was ordered by the policeman not to perform in the middle of the street.
The performer apologized and complied with the officer's request to not perform in the middle of the street. When the officer saw him performing again, he called for backup which included some children visiting the park that day. Very fun and entertaining.Tate watched the commotion from his perch on the street post. I believe they almost ticketed him for being up there.
In the gift shops they had movie posters, movie memorabilia, and actors' signatures and handprints. After all the action on the street, we got into the Hollywood spirit and did a little acting ourselves. Here Tate is saying, "Don't...move..."
This is actually my favorite part of the whole movie. So ifyou're up for a little entertainment, here is the spider that that invokes the crowbar incident in Home Alone:
Too bad I couldn't get a good clip of the crowbar action. If you don't recall, now that the spider is on Harry, Marve tries to kill it with the crowbar...while it's resting on Harry's stomach.
Anyhow, back to our vacation. The kids followed this squirrel to his Hollywood Hideout...
Anyhow, back to our vacation. The kids followed this squirrel to his Hollywood Hideout...
and there found some teeny tiny lizards.
A Hollywood Studios employee walking by offered to take our picture in front of this car we Todd was admiring. She was headed to her office after a walk which reminded her of the fun she used to have as an entertainer when she first started at Hollywood Studios. Everyone we met was so friendly!
This was a rough day for poor Joseph. This was our first really sunny day in Florida and we were spending a lot of time outside so we slathered our white little bambinos with sunscreen. Unfortunately, Joseph was rubbing his eyes with his arm which, you guessed it, had sunscreen on it. He began to cry and therefore rubbed his eyes even more with his arm. We washed the sunscreen off his arms but he was still miserable. The first aid station was sadly of no aid. He finally got over it and began to enjoy some of his favorite attractions: the gates that swung open and shut.
After a couple rides and some lunch, the kids were exhausted.
But not too exhausted to keep going! We heard some music and saw the parade passing through with some of our favorite Disney characters {I secretly want to be Elastigirl}.
Camille said she wanted to be this dancer because she was "dressed modestly." It was so precious I had to take a picture! It looks like she was posing for us, but she was super smiley and I just happened to catch her in a cool part of her dance.
After the parade we were off to see the Indiana Jones show. Joseph made friends while waiting for the action to begin.
The huge stone looked like it was going to roll over Indiana and the kids looked...concerned.
Little did they know, soon things would be blowing up
After reading the sign we were hoping something would happen when we pulled the rope, but nothing did.
While waiting for a ride we had a fast pass for, we enjoyed some live entertainment from a high class landscaping company. That's right, "Mulch, Sweat n' Shears."
Here's the family rocking out.
Once Joseph was done showing off his dance moves he moved onto exploring the in's and out's of Disney World.
Then Joseph started playing with the band's extension cords so I distracted him on the other side of the square. While entertaining him I apparently missed my daughter becoming a rock star. She was selected from the audience to jam with the band. Here she is sporting her new guitar {she even got one for her brother}. I think she's using her genuine Mulch, Sweat, and Shears guitar pick.
The kids and Todd loved the Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, but Aerosmith's music was a little too loud for me amazing. {I'm a fun mom, I'm a fun mom, I'm a fun mom}
Joseph waited with Nana and enjoyed a frozen lemonade. He couldn't get enough! After each taste, he would immediately open his mouth and beg until Nana gave him more.
Towards the end of the day we entered scenes from Toy Story. The ride was pretty amazing - one of our favorites! Even the wait in line was fun - there were all sorts of huge toys and even a talking Mr. Potato Head. I had to beg Tate to get in this picture with me...apparently 9 year olds are too cool to make monkey faces {and noises} in public.
Hang in there, soldier. We still have to catch The Great Movie Ride and sprint over to the gift shop with Nana. It's closing time and she wants to get you some army tags and awesome souvenir tee shirts. Yours says, Jedi in Training and Tate's says Darth Tater {of course with a picture of a potato on it}. What an awesome day!








I can't beleive how much Joseph and Matthias looks alike. Glad you had so much fun!
ReplyDeleteCool trip! Your family looks so big and happy and beautfiul!
ReplyDeleteHey Todd~ What a cute family you have! I go blog surfing about once a year and I happened upon your blog today. I remember that you and your sister were about the nicest people I met at the Tacoma Single's ward. I'm glad to see you're doing well and found a lovely wife. =)
ReplyDelete