Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Sleep Practice

I knew something was up when Tate was excited to set his alarm last night and "practice" getting up early.

My response: "Really? We need to practice that? How about we practice tomorrow night? "
Tate's reply: "Mom, that's when school starts. Then it's not practice."

Frankly, I'm okay with not practicing getting up early. Not that I really get to sleep in now, but in my sleep deprived world even 7:30 a.m. is better than 6:30 a.m. If we really want to practice something, how about we practice going to bed early? {said very slowly and dramatically to real them in for the bait} Nobody seems to be biting. Apparently that's not as fun to practice.

The only thing that saved me was that while trying to set his alarm, Tate accidentally changed the time on his clock. I told him we'd fix it tomorrow and he finally gave up. I wasn't quite ready to give up, though. I snuck back in right before I went to bed. You know, just to make sure there weren't any alarm adjustments after our conversation. I already get enough practice waking up in the middle of the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment