We celebrated Christmas early at Nana and Papa's since the kids went to Idaho for the official Christmas holiday. Tate wanted another Star Wars light saber so bad he could hardly stand it. Everytime we went to the store he would beg and beg for one, no matter how many times we told him Christmas was just around the corner. Without knowing what was in his wrapped present, he was going to trade this...
for one of the $8 red light sabers at WalMart. Good thing he waited! These light up and make noise when you move them. You can use them as two separate sabers for a battle or join them together for some sweet solo action while they spin around that center ring where you hold it. I just realized I never got any action shots...I feel a photo shoot coming on.
In the meantime, here's Camille with her guitar she had been wanting for several months. She told me she wants to be a cowgirl and sing all around the world until she finds her husband. Camille loves music and sings all the time. She is also taking piano lessons and doing wonderfully. I think music is her best language.
And little Joseph got to enjoy his first Christmas. Here he is looking up at Nana. He loved all the wrapping paper, boxes, and bows.One of the special things I enjoyed this holiday season was going to Todd's cousin Zan's house for a special family home evening. We drove up with Debbie, Brittney, Scott, and Tiff's family for dinner and games. I just love the Ludlam family and the special spirit that is in their home. We watched a wonderful video and then took turns sharing things that we learned this year.
On Christmas day we were planning on having breakfast with Todd's family and then going to Shelton for Christmas dinner with my great grandma {cool, huh?!} and the rest of my family. To make a long story short, there was a miscommunication about when Christmas dinner was being served. I thought it was in the evening at 4:30 when dinner is normally served, but because of the holiday they were serving it at 11:30 a.m., which meant we had to leave home by 10:30, which meant we missed breakfast with Todd's family. I was surprised at how extremely disappointed I was. Even though we spend lots of time with Todd's family, I was really looking forward to Christmas morning with them. I realized through this experience that I didn't feel like we was missing Todd's family event, I felt like we were missing our family event. My family event. I value the love and friendship that we all share and feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful extended family. Inlaws have such a bad reputation, but my inlaws must be the exception to the rule. I am honored to have joined such a wonderful family. I hope that as I raise children with the Van Woerkom name, I will bring honor to my husband's family and to our Heavenly Father.
No comments:
Post a Comment