Sunday, March 20, 2011

Driving Computers

Backup...drive hard...no, hard drive.  Who knew we were talking computers instead of cars? Luckily Todd is somewhat of a genius in both of those areas. Okay, so maybe calling my husband a genius is a little bit over the top, but really...he's saved my tail in both worlds on more than one occassion.  The hard drive in our computer went out two weeks ago and this is a summary of a real conversation we had.

Todd: The hard drive went out on the computer. I'll have to see what I can recover, but we may have lost everything on there.
Me: Oh, man. That's not good.
Me: (after some thought) Well, we really don't need that much that's on there, right?
Todd: Well, we have all our tax information, budgeting, blah, blah, blah...
Me (thinking) (while Todd is still listing all the documents we could lose): Eh, not that big a deal...
Todd (still talking): all our pictures...
Me (interupting with a loud gasp): All the pictures?!? Noooooooooo! I haven't blogged about this and that and this and that. And Joseph's whole life is practically erased! I didn't write down any of the dates of his firsts because I just took a picture and it keeps track of all that for me!

Luckily, my handy hubby was able to get all our pictures (and most of those other non-important documents) back. Thank goodness!

So brace yourselves folks, because I'm about to go on a blogging bonanza. You may be laughing as you realize that while I think I'm blogging like crazy, I'm still a few steps behind the rest of you!

1 comment: