Thursday, May 20, 2010

Organized Chaos

I am in the process of organizing Camille's room, which desperately needs organizing soooo bad that I'm not even going to take a before picture :) We have Camille stuff, baby stuff, and more stuff...just waiting to be put in order.

Camille absolutely LOVES paper. Everywhere we go she is asking for a pamphlet. Lowes, the Post Office, Doctor's office...you name it, she has it. Would you like to know more about diabetes? How about flooring or paint? Would you like to know what's on sale this week? How about last week? Last month?! So when I saw this great idea for a paper storage unit I was so envious!

By some miracle Camille agreed that if I made her a special paper box she would only keep what would fit in the box. Yee ha! I got to work right away. The paper organizer in the link above has a little (lot) more space than I wanted to give Camille, so of course I modified. A LOT. Actually, the only similar thing is that I recycled some un-used cardboard in my house to make a paper holder. But if I were making one for me, I would definitely use the link above. 

I used two of those holders for canned food at the grocery store...
and put them together like so. When Todd saw me take this picture, he questioned my sanity and expessed his grattitude we were having another child so I could stop taking pictures of cardboard...
But then I used some mod podge on both sides of the paper and smoothed it over the box to cover it. Voila!

Camille shoved the papers she wanted in the box and there was a HUGE stack left over. I quickly shoved it all in a grocery bag and put it by our recycle bin. Moments later I found her looking through it and grabbing stuff out. When she went to lovingly put it in her paper box, I had Todd hurry and take out the bag so we wouldn't be going through it every five minutes. Her room may still be chaos, but at least we're one step closer to organized chaos!

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea!! You go girl. Organizing is my worst trait in regards to cleanliness. It's even harder when you have to organize for other people (especially lazy husbands with multiple hobbies, sigh).

    ReplyDelete